Genetic information can be used for:
- Assessment of genetic variation
- Parentage assignment (to reduce inbreeding in breeding programmes; for sire disputes)
- Conservation management
- Pedigree reconstruction for use in breeding programmes. Often parental samples aren’t available. Noahgene has successfully used this for sib-partitioning analysis in cattle.
- Marker assisted selection and genomic selection
- Disease susceptibility studies
- Traceability and forensics – Genetic markers can be used to trace individuals back to their population of origin – e.g. in illegal fishing
We work with many different sample types and can give advice on the best sampling procedure for your project.